Hypocrisy Much?  

Posted by: Audrey in

Hmmph...I'm posting this in my office. At lunch time. On a Saturday.

Just to clarify, my working days are only 5 days a week, but due to some apparent 'big' project, I was roped in to 'volunteer and help out' with some simple UI designs. Because of the 'urgency' of the project, the whole team was supposed to finish the whole thing within....2 weeks! Hence, we have to work at least 12 hours everyday, almost 6 days a week, including public holidays. The catch? We didn't get any OT or actually, NO extra benefits whatsoever.

GAH! Can you say 'STUPID' or moronic, or whatever colorful word you can think of??! I think it's a real big mistake on the big person up there (management) to simply promise a client that we can get it done within that ridiculous time frame. Not just that, since we have this apparent 'separation' of the subsidiaries...it should be handled by that particular subsidiary only. BUT, a lot of the team that was involved in this project (including me) are actually NOT from that subsidiary. Yet, we have to go through this horrendous bitchfest and stress like the rest of them. And if (that's a REALLY big IF) we can get it done, guess who gets all the credit? Yup, THAT subsidiary only...

What really got me pissed was that it was clearly stated that the people who are doing the UI(me included) would be doing the forms and some simple validations ONLY. And yet, when it came to my particular module, I find myself scratching my head and thinking about how to do Javascript for dropdown values that SHOULD be in the database, or passing values from one page to another using Javascript. GAH! Thank goodness it was all resolved. But I'm still pissed though...working on a Saturday with no benefits really grits on my nerves. I think the only thing that keeps me going now is that my contract will be ending next March (which is a few months more only) so...I'm holding on to that thought for now.

'Kay, done ranting...apparently we can go. Half day at work today, because our team 'morale' is good. Pfft!

1 comments

I hope the rant made you feel a bit better!

I understand why you would feel THAT way about the situation -

Once again, the workers magically make things get done whilst the 'management' looks good -

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Post a Comment