Apple & Bluebery Crumble Cake  

Posted by: Audrey in

Baking seems to help a little bit in taking my mind off crazy stuff...although almost always I don't feel like eating whatever I've done, but the process of following the recipe's steps and seeing that my result is (somewhat) same as the original recipe gives me great satisfaction =) Hate the cleaning up afterwards, but it's another way to take my mind off stuff. So, here's my latest endeavor with baking:


Apple & Blueberry Crumble Cake...fresh from the oven (recipe from here). It was such an interesting combination that I thought I had to try...I've always loved apple crumble, but haven't got it right, and this one is a mix of both cake AND crumble! Oh, the smell that came from it whilst baking! Cinnamon, blueberry and apple = awesome.


After removing the springform and lining...I think I removed it too fast (while it was still rather hot) being the impatient person that I am...the crumble layer was almost falling off >.<" I realised that the pan might just play an important role in making the cake work. Me not having a square pan like in the recipe resorted to the circle cheesecake pan. It turned out great, only the middle part of the cake was higher than the rest, and the apple & blueberry layers were rather uneven (or maybe it's just me and my amateur skills in layering the cake...LOL!). Shall try this with square pan next *grins*


A slice of it....as you can see, the cake layer is too high. LOL! But I still loved the texture of it. Soft yet springy too. Who knew that sour cream in cake works so well? Mom loved the cake, but sisters loved the crumble...LOL!! 

3 comments

Wow looks awesome..havent had a chance to taste your cakes :D

Haha, when you free we meet up for lunch or something...I bring cake for you to try ;)

Sis, you're just too talented... Bring the cake for me next time!!!

Post a Comment