Angry Birds Come Attacking Again!  

Posted by: Audrey in

Whew...another hectic week! I had two orders due on the same weekend, and both were kinda big projects too. Here's the first one I did:

Collage-style editing...LOL!

Yup, it's another Angry Birds project! I'm quite stoked that I was asked again to replicate these characters since Matthew's cake...wanted to try and make the figurines slightly better than my previous attempt, and boy was it fun when I see the characters all lined up on my tray, waiting to be 'perched' onto the cupcakes...LOL! But I'm getting ahead of myself..


The whole set of cupcakes...
This set was for my friend Jag's cousins, who turned 5 and 7 recently. I was told that they were big fans of Ben 10, but Jag wanted to give them an Angry Birds' theme instead. After a few IMs, she decided on chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and figurines on top. She was so cool to let me arrange for a theme, so I Googled for ideas and finally ended up with this set....the 'compulsory' characters and tools used in the game *grins*


Here are some close ups on the cupcakes...I tried to do the sling shot like in the game, but silly old me never learnt much about sculpting so I ended up with a slight disheveled looking sling shot =/ Since then I've learned how to do it properly, so hopefully next time (if there ever was one!) I can make a nicer looking sling shot...hehe! 


This was another thing that I was really proud of...the nest filled with little fondant 'eggs'! I didn't do the pretzel stick thing like last time. Decided to do a hand made fondant nest and glad that it turned out good =) Granted, it could still use some work but for a first attempt I suppose it was okay. LOL! Nearby were the white bird and some piggies =P


Some more characters of the set...

And stones and bricks to try and simulate some 'levels' of the game amongst the characters =) Oh yes, I did the 'Happy Birthday' banner thing too that's similar to Marcus' cake, but this time I wanted to try also with some luster dust brushed onto it. Turns out I've been too heavy handed with the dust, resulting in too shiny letters. LOL!


Ah yes, and I also did this little TNT box...seeing it's so small it should be easy peasy right? That's what I thought until I started making it =/ I'm guessing if the baker was smart enough (unlike me), he/she will be able to make this in to time but for me, I took the 'long cut', taking too much time with cutting the small little 'planks' together and sticking them onto the oh-so-not-square box. *sigh* Still, it WAS fun making the characters and when I see them all together, it made my heart sing *wink*

The only thing too bad about it was the fact that the pieces of green fondant that the pieces were sitting on were too plain! *sigh* I'd wanted to get some proper impression mats, but there were none that fit this theme, so I'd just laid them down plain. Come to think of it I should have jazzed it up with some small tiny stars or some tiny pieces of fondant shaped in some way, but I couldn't find them yet till later, so plain it was.

Jag was very surprised with the cakes...and she doesn't know how to deal with it just yet =P Oh well, I told her can just peel off the fondant and have the cake with the buttercream (the cake without tastes a bit bitter because of the chocolate). Happy Birthday, Rajbir & Ranveer =) May all your wishes come true for you this year! *grins*

0 comments

Post a Comment