Change Is A Good Thing  

Posted by: Audrey in

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. I'm usually not that big on change....I mean, I like trying out new food, going to different places on a whim and what not, but having big changes like moving to a new place or making big decisions for my life sometimes scare the crap out of me. But I keep telling myself (each and every time) change is good...even if it isn't, somehow it'll all work out.

Yes, if you could read between the lines, there are some big changes coming to my life. Not that I'm getting married or anything, but it is rather a big change as I would have to change how I commute to and from work, my err....'extra curricular' activities after hours and also the possibility of regretting this decision. But what's done is done I guess, and all I can do is keep looking forward and hope for the best. *fingers crossed* Yeah, if I'm still talking 'vague', I'm changing my career path...again. =) I haven't handed in my notice yet, but I've already signed the offer letter, so it's as good as done. And boy, even getting to this point had been a roller coaster ride!

It has been quite a cool (almost) two years working where I am working now. Definitely lots of ups and downs, but also a rather fulfilling tenure I suppose. I've worked hard, made some good friends, even made a few cool exercise buddies along the way, and I've also laughed (and cried) quite a bit throughout. So memorable, but I guess it's time to close this little chapter on my life and anticipate a better, hopefully even more memorable time at another place =D

In other news, I've also got quite a few more baking projects coming up! It's quite a nice surprise that I'm getting more orders now for cakes...even though it's mostly for friends, I'm still grateful and honored that they had thought of me to make the cake for their celebrations! Hopefully this will continue and I'll be able to save as much as possible for a new oven or take classes to enhance my skills. Will definitely post up more photos when I'm done with them *grins* Here's a toast to change!

2 comments

All the best Audrey!!

2 years ago you told me change is good. And it's proven that you are right! Although you'd been through a tough time in the beginning, things turned out to be okay after a while. I believe it will be the same this time. It's good to experience all the leaps and bounds while you still can. After all, we only live once ;)

Thanks Vivian!

Yeah, the change from almost 2 years ago was a good one, even though it had been bumpy. At least now I know what to expect going into the new company :)

Yes, we only live once! So need to try as many new things as possible :P We should get together and catch up some day! :)

Post a Comment