My First Published Review!!  

Posted by: Audrey in

Okay, I don't really know if it's appropriate for me to post this here, but then the website is for public viewing anyways, and it's my first ever published review, so I'm breaking the rules. *grins* Here's the link: http://www.cinema.com.my/movies/movie_contents.aspx?search=2010.6264.haunteduniversities.11710

Maybe it's just me, but seeing my own name there published gives quite a sense of pride that my work is recognised as 'good' =) And add to that, getting a good comment from the editor is really nice too! Going into it was a bit exhilarating and weird at the same time too. Introducing myself as someone from a publishing company...that's a big first, but I kind of like it! But overthinking things during the writing of the review: definite no-no. Need to just draft it all out first and then refine it later. LOL!

I would have liked to write more about the movie, but as it is it's a bit too long already, so here are my other opinions on "Haunted Universities":
  • Before watching the movie, here I was thinking that the movie is going to 'haunt' me in my nightmares for days on end...how glad was I that the movie turned out to be a big joke (with one character named after it, no wonder!). It was one of the few times I've actually laughed hard watching a horror film. LOL!
  • There never really were any connections between the four stories, except the showing of a few familiar faces. Kind of a flimsy way to tie the stories together. If they did it like Jack Neo's "Where Got Ghost?" it might have made more sense...*shrugs*
  • Some scenes were just a bit...out-of-it. And not in a good way too. Case-in-point: a scene where the murderer and his newly acquired 'apprentice' walk up to their next victim (in slow mo) accompanied by music reminiscent of "The Wild Wild West" (where the cowboys do the show down thingy with their guns and all) *rolls eyes*
  • I seriously do not get whether the movie was really a horror/comedy film OR just a really terrible horror film. On the one hand, if it was branded as a horror/comedy, it could have been a pretty decent one as you get lots of humour and slapstick antics. But, if it's meant to be an all-out Thai horror films, it definitely falls flat on its face. Oh well, watch it and you'll get what I mean. ;)

Hopefully there will be more gigs like this to go to...and I hope I can review some nicer movies than some 'non-movie' (as how the editor puts it) randomly given to me! On another nicer note, I was told that I am very welcome to just go and sit for a movie screening by the company (and I quote) "...for my amusement, if I am into that sort of thing" (!!!!!) DEFINITELY into it, but I hear that most of the screenings are done in the mornings on weekdays...*hears balloon being deflated* Oh well, I still have night previews I can attend, and possible weekends too, so it's still good! YAYY! Free movies to watch...haha!

2 comments

Awesome! haha always liked the way you write.How should i put this...beneficial and entertaining!
Dreams do come true. 'Work' hard!

Post a Comment