Bits and pieces...  

Posted by: Audrey in

Whew, here I go again...go on a post rampage and then 'silence' for a few weeks. LOL! Oh well, here are the bits and pieces of updates so far:

It's been quite a hectic few weeks as I had been busy with work, which is good...I have been here for a year now, and I have no complaints in the sense that I don't feel restless or unaccomplished or even dissatisfied. Sure, there have been stress at work...sometimes more than I bargained for, but it all worked out in the end. For which I'm thankful for, and I am hoping this state that I'm in lasts for some time =) Being able to learn more about the systems that I'm working with and still being motivated to continue on with this company are kind of good signs for me at the moment. 

The past few days also had been a bit dizzying, what with me doing the data cleansing job again...I know, I said I would never do it again but the pay is kind of good for a few days' work and it's only a few days. I could tolerate this kind of job maybe once a month...it will definitely help me to save a little bit more money. So, if the opportunity comes again next month I might just consider doing it again. LOL!

Gym on the other hand had been fluctuating =( Just a few days ago, I had my personal training session with Jack and he wanted to do the physical assessment thing to check on my progress. I waited with anticipation to see how I'd done, but to my dismay I didn't even lose 1kg! (I lost like 600g...LMAO!) And to rub salt in the wound, my fat percentage has gone up almost 2% and muscle mass decreased! *sighhhhh* Jack asked me about my eating habits and at first thought, I don't remember eating out of the ordinary (this meaning I have been sticking to less oily foods, more fruits and veggies, more grilled / steamed foods when possible, less portions). Until....I checked back my food journal. Dang it, there have been wedding dinners, open houses, and super heavy lunches (think burgers and other fast food. Eep!) that I had forgotten about and needless to say, I had been eating too much. Blehhhhhh! Just goes to show that I can't have too much in one stretch of a time...once a while is still fine, but once I start eating more, THIS happens. Oh well...Jack gave me some 'homework' to do in between our sessions, i.e 40 mins of cardio (or burning 600kcal!), followed by 2-3 sets of lunges, squats, burpees and sit ups (20 reps each!). o.O" Wish me luck as I try to attempt it this week after the part time job finishes!

Ah yes, another bit that I'm pretty excited about is that I've splurged on something that's kind of been on my wishlist since I've started vesting an interest in baking. It's black, shiny, and kinda huge! LOL! Yeah, of all the double entendres I can use, I use those...*rolls eyes* Here's a photo that I grabbed online just to show a sneak peek. I have yet to unwrap it in its entirety to snap proper pics and get a feel on how to use it, so hopefully I can do that in my next entry:



Isn't it gorgeous??! Okay, my ideal color wasn't caviar (it was pretty IMPERIAL RED!!), but umm...let's just say I got a better deal buying from a place that only carries the caviar color than the others that carry the other colors. And (as I try to keep consoling myself) what's important is the functionality right? Looks are good, but what matters most is how it works...and this works just as well as the gorgeous red one! What's more, this has shiny glitter all over it to make up for the fact that it's a boring black....LOL! Yes, I'm babbling yet again....so I shall save all the babble for when I DO actually have the time to get it out of its box and actually start up the motor to use it. Will post up photos really soon =)

Wow...seems like it wasn't exactly 'Bits and Pieces' as I'd expected. Oh well, you know long-winded me. =P

2 comments

Omigosh!! You finally got the KitchenAid!! :D That's on top of my wishlist as well but too bad this year I'm super broke. I can't wait to see the 'masterpiece' that comes from this gorgeous heh! Let me know where you got it and how much k? I will start saving up after next month ;)

Yes, I did! Super happy that I finally got it! :D Today I was hoping to try it out..so, we'll see how :P

Post a Comment